To cheer up employees and enhance employee engagement at a workplace, the ibex. Lahore and Islamabad offices celebrated Keenu Day. An account of each location is as follows;
The theme of the day was Orange. The work floors, including managers’ rooms, were decorated with orange themed balloons and other decoration materials. The entrance on the floor was decorated with the specially designed table containing various stuff related to Keenu Day, which added color to the beauty of the floor.
Based on the theme of the day, many employees dressed up orange color getups. Oranges were served from 11 am to 7 pm to employees and it was well ensured that everyone gets an ample share. An Instagram picture booth in the shape of an Instagram post was specially designed for this event and everyone enjoyed taking pictures with it. Apart from this, the orange eating competition and the orange spoon race were also organized, in which employees participated with full vigor. There were total six winners of these competitions and were awarded a special orange filled basket.
The idea to celebrate this event was of Waqas Hameed Mehr – Sr. Manager Operations & was executed by the team of Creative Minds led by Mubashar Talal – Asst. Manager Operations. Mehwish Iqbal – Supervisor Operations, led the decoration of the complete floor, which added true colors to this event. Madeeha Naseem – Executive Employer Branding & Marketing, gave special live coverage to the whole event, through which Facebook & Instagram audience could get the feel of the whole event from time to time.
The employees were happy to be a part of such great festivity at ibex. This celebration truly depicted the lighter side of ibex. Life.
Feedback from Employees:
- “I am pleased to be a part of this organization. ibex. organizes many days such as mango day, keenu day. It was a great experience, we all enjoyed a lot. Keenus were very tasty” – Bilal Tajamul – Customer Support Executive
- “It was a wonderful day. Everything was very well organized.” – Sehar Pervaiz - Customer Support Executive
- “It was an awesome time. Floor decoration has been superb, it revitalized the overall floor energy” – Hiba Tariq – Customer Support Executive
- “I enjoyed a lot and it was colorful day in the history of IBEX” - Naseem Shahryar - Customer Support Executive
- Overall it was Great Event and my whole team participated and everyone enjoyed a lot. Hope to see such Events in future. Thank You IBEX Team.” - Maaz Zahid - Supervisor Operations
Keenu Day was something that was never celebrated before at ibex.. Since we were at peak season for oranges. Therefore, the Islamabad Mobilink Management team wanted to organize some event for the employees related to this special gift of a winter season. This is how, the idea to celebrate the Keenu day, came into place.
Rather than same old event names like Orange Day or Mango Day, we thought to add a different flare to it & decided a name ‘Keenu Day’. The idea was to have a big event, so that, we can add this event eventually in Red Club (In-house club) Calendar.
Two weeks prior to the event, we made a complete layout for the event Leads. Zia Ur Rehman (Senior Supervisor) was taking care of the administrative work, Tehreena Arif (Assistant Manager) & Saddiq Ahmed (Senior Supervisor) were taking care of event hype, rolling out the teasers and had a duty to ensure participation from employees at every level.
This time we got special attention and help from Marketing Team. Madeeha Naseem (Employer Branding & Marketing Executive) took the responsibility for all the artwork, going live on our Facebook/Instagram pages and most importantly suggested the idea for an Instagram Photo booth, which was a big hit too.
We would like to mention one name here, Ali Ahmed (Customer Support Executive), who basically arranged all the oranges (keenu) for us. He, along with Abdul Qahar (Supervisor), stayed late at work for ensuring the decoration, without them this event was not possible.
We had Keenu eating competitions for both morning and evening shifts, Went LIVE on Facebook and Instagram, distributed keenu baskets to all the Management representatives. Our employees were following the dress code by wearing orange color. The Instagram photo booth was designed to take selfies and amazing photos. Overall, we received an excellent feedback not just in person but we saw people giving a positive feedback about the event on ibex. Facebook & Instagram pages as well.
A very Special Thanks to Saddiq Ahmed for suggesting the idea of Keenu Day, Tehreena Arif for all the hype creation and relevant efforts in arranging activities, Zia Ur Rehman, Abdul Qahar & Ali Ahmed for all the administrative work & floor decoration and Madeeha Naseem from Employer branding Team for the event coverage.
Feedbacks from Employees:
Imran Ata - Manager Operations
Fatima Khawaja - HR Business Analyst
- Although I was in Lahore for an important meeting but still I received excellent feedbacks from everyone from both sites” Faisal Siddiqui – Senior Manager Operations
- “We are the trend setters & I am glad everyone liked it” Imran Ata – Manager Operations
- “Mobilink Islamabad Rocked. Amazing Event” Bilal Kazmi – Assistant Manager HR
- “Double thumbs Up & as always we are the trend setters” Imran Safdar – Assistant Manager WFM
- “Perfectly organized & enjoyed to the fullest. In particularly I enjoyed the games & competitions” Tariq Mustafa – Customer Support Executive